Women have been entitling breasts to symbolize beauty and confidence for ages. Nevertheless, not all women are fortunate to have their desired breast. Therefore, many of them lack confidence and even isolate themselves from others.
However, there are several ways to enlarge their breasts to enhance their beauty and gain self-confidence. Some can grow breasts naturally at home; on the other hand, some opt for medical procedures.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast enlargement is also known as breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty. It involves a surgical procedure to place implants under your chest muscle or behind your breast tissue. Thus, it helps add volume and structure to naturally small or asymmetrical breasts.
Reason for Breast Augmentation
Women undergo a breast enlargement procedure for several reasons as follows:
- To enlarge smaller breasts for bringing balance between upper and lower body.
- For achieving desired fullness and volume to the breasts.
- best breast pump
- Addthe same volume to uneven breasts and make both of them symmetrical.
- To retain thepre-weight loss size and firmness of breasts even after losing weight.
- For restoring the exact size of pre-pregnancy breasts after breastfeeding.
Ideal Physical Requirement for Breast Augmentation
Before opting for breast augmentation, women must meet the perfect physical requirement to endure the process and its recovery. Such requirements are as follows:
- The client must be physically healthy.
- She must not have any medical issues that can hinder the procedure or increase post-procedure risks.
- She also needs to be a non-smoker or restrained from smoking for a prescribed period.
- The doctor must check up whether their breasts are entirely developed.
- The client must not be currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
Risks of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation comes with the advantage of giving you your desired breast. But it also comes with several risks:
- Bruising in breast
- Breast pain
- Skin mortification
- Capsularcontracture due to scar tissue
- Changes in nipple and nipple discharge
- Moving and rotating of implants out of its pocket
- Tear or leakage of implants
- Distortion in breast shape
- Change in sensation
Any of these problems mentioned above may need further surgery or implant removal if they worsen. In addition, some experts believe breast cancer to be another risk due to breast augmentation. However, no factual data or research could prove it yet.
Types of Breast Augmentation Procedures
Breast augmentation procedure can involve any of the following methods:
- Putting implant under your chest muscle or behind your breast tissues.
- Extract fat from a different area of your body and transfer it under your breast.
While the 2nd one only involves fat, the 1st methods involve various kind of implants, such as-
- Saline Implants are silicone outer covers filled with saline water.
- Structured Saline Implants are saline water in a more structured and defined form.
- Silicone Implants are silicone outer shells filled with silicone gels.
- Cohesive Silicone Gel Implants are a heavier and thicker form of silicone gel in a silicone outer shell.
Consultation for Breast Augmentation
While consulting your doctor, you must keep in mind these factors mentioned below:
- Experience of the surgeon.
- Review of the surgeon and the medical team.
- Review of the hospital.
- The number of successful and unsuccessful cases.
- Successful cases that showed up bad results in future.
- The infrastructure of the place of surgery.
- The time, attentionand interaction the surgeon gives to your consultation.
- How much the surgeon is interested in listening to your query and concerns.
- The pattern of diagnosis, check-ups and medicines.
Cost of Breast Augmentation
The price of breast augmentation mainly includes-
- Cost of the insertion and complete procedure
- Cost of implant
- Medicine, tests and hospital costs
All these costs vary from place to place. However, it can somewhat stay between $1500 to $2500, including the implant and insertion cost.
Recovery of Breast Augmentation
You must follow your doctor’s instructions thoroughly and carefully at this stage. Doctors will prescribe follow-up check-ups and medicines for pain, nausea, and other symptoms.
During the first phase of recovery, You may feel body fatigued and extreme stretching feeling on your chest. It gradually decreases towards the last phases when you mostly feel soreness and swelling. Slowly your breast will look more relaxed and natural than tight at the end of the recovery phase.
These are all about increasing breast size by surgery that can be helpful for people planning to opt for augmentation.