You’ve probably wondered if you haven’t crossed the invisible line that separates alcohol intake from the pleasure of problem drinking. Experts have identified certain symptoms that can largely answer this question. To be diagnosed with an addiction syndrome, there must be at least 3 of the criteria we will share with you.
1. Impaired ability to control the substance taken and its quantity. Simply put – the patient can not keep from drinking, can not stop and can not control the amount of alcohol consumed.
2. Increased tolerance to alcohol intake. This is something very characteristic: at first a person drinks less, then increases the dose, and from a certain period onwards there is a retention and decline in tolerance to alcohol. For this reason, the chronic alcoholic gets drunk a little.
3. Physiological state of abstinence. It looks like this – if he has not drunk, the patient is tense, anxious, sweats, his hands tremble, he cannot sleep, but once he takes the substance to which he is addicted, the complaints decrease. Or even disappear completely.
4. A person has a strong need and inner desire, even the compulsion to take a substance – in this case alcohol. That is, the patient feels an irresistible desire to get vodka, brandy, whiskey or other drink, without which he can not.
5. Progressive elimination of alternative pleasures such as sports, other hobbies or interests, at the expense of the consumption of alcoholic beverages. The addict spends all or almost all of his time indulging in alcohol and recovering from the effects it has on his body.
6. One continues to consume alcohol, although one sees the harmful effects. And they are visible both to him and to society.
If in the last few months or in the last year, a person discovers three of these six criteria for alcoholism, in this case the diagnosis of addiction or alcohol dependence is made and the patient must be treated.
At the Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Mumbai, you can always get qualified, professional help, as well as contact us by phone to get a consultation absolutely free of charge at any time convenient for you.
This is a complex of treatment and rehabilitation measures that are carried out in the Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Mumbai. Practice shows that this method of fighting alcohol addiction is the most effective, and people return to a sober life and refuse to use it forever. This is a process that involves a long and persistent fight against alcohol addiction. Unfortunately, people don’t immediately realize that this is the only way to cure alcoholism.
They were convinced to start rehabilitation for 100% of the alcoholism patients who came to them. Often this is a serious problem when relatives are unable to provide information about the presence of the disease to a loved one who has gotten into the network of alcohol addiction.
Full transparency of the rehabilitation program. They don’t hide anything and their doors are always open. You can visit the center before making a hospitalization decision, as well as visit a loved one directly while you are in the hospital.