We all aware of the benefits of needle facial treatment, but we often fail to follow the aftercare regimen to maximize the results. We have shortlisted some of the aftercare tips to avoid any problems and severe side effects of this treatment.
How Does Skin Needling Works?
It is a slightly invasive procedure that stimulates the blood to increase collagen to improve skin appearance. It is a great way to reduce the spots and scars on the skin. Also, it diminishes the appearance of aging lines and wrinkles.
But like any other skincare services, micro-needling also requires you to follow the aftercare procedure to get the best out of the treatment.
What to Expect After the Procedure?
Right after the procedure, patients can see some redness on the skin. It usually stays for the next 24 hours or, in some cases, even longer. But do not worry, this is a common side effect, and you cannot do much about it. One precaution you need to take is, avoid applying makeup to cover the redness. The makeup will block the pores that can result in breakouts. Be patient with the redness as it will subside in a few days.
Some people also see skin peeling for the next 24 hours of the treatment. Other common side effects include bumps, dry skin, and breakouts. Now, everyone doesn’t face these effects, but if you do, there is nothing to be concerned about, as, with the use of good moisturizers and gentle cleansers, you can minimize the side effects after the treatment.
What Are Aftercare Tips Recommended By Specialists?
The specialists like Anytime Pretty Time recommend some skincare tips for the aftercare of the needling treatment. These suggestions are based on the skin type and medical history of every patient. Some of the most common tips highly recommended include:
For the 72 hours post-treatment, use a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water to wash your face. Softly dry your skin with cloth in light motions. If you use any brushes to clean the face, avoid them during this tenure. Most importantly, make sure your hands are clean when you touch the treated area.
Some experts also suggest using anti-oxidant serums after the treatment. Their formula is ideal for healing the skin and reducing irritation.
Hydrate the skin
As a side effect of micro-needling, you may see your skin getting dry more than usual. In this case, use a good quality moisturizer or hyaluronic acid. It will help your skin to restore its balance quickly.
It is strictly recommended not to use makeup for at least the next 24 to 72 hours of the treatment. But still, if you apply light makeup, avoid using brushes, especially if they are not clean.
As soon as your treatment at a medical spa in Houston ends, the experts will use a good SPF on your skin. They also recommend using chemical-free sunscreen daily to protect the skin from the harsh sun rays. It also helps to avoid premature aging.
Following these aftercare tips, you will see minimum to no side effects after the treatment. These precautionary steps also maximize the treatment results.
What to Avoid Post-Treatment?
Besides following the tips, there are some things that you need to avoid after the treatment including,
- Use of skincare products that contain harsh chemicals to exfoliate the skin
- Avoid scented products and acids like glycolic and alpha hydroxy
- Avoid the use of vitamin C serum and Retinol A for at least after 48 hours of treatment
- Avoid going to pools and perform activities that cause sweat
ALSO READ :- Drugstore mineral powder
What Products You Can Use?
Following the treatment, you can use the following products on the skin to enhance the effect:
- Hyaluronic acid: It is safe to use this product, and in some cases, even the experts recommend using it to increase collagen production in the skin.
- Coconut oil: It is a staple product for people with dry skin. If your skin is feeling dry after the treatment, coconut oil can be used to lock-in the moisture and hydrate the skin.
- Alcohol-free witch hazel: This product can also be used after you get the treatment from a medical spa in Houston. It is good to cleanse dry skin.
Other than these, make sure you use products that are gentle and made out of natural ingredients.
When Are The Side Effects To Look Out For?
No doubt, it is a pretty safe procedure, but still, some side effects require the immediate attention of the doctor including,
- Getting a fever over 100.4-degree Fahrenheit
- Discharge from skin
In some cases, people also face infections because of the unsterilized tools used in the treatment. Some people get allergic reactions to the needle. So, it is better to consult with your doctor first before the treatment to avoid these problems.
The Benefits of the Treatment
Do not be scared after reading the list of aftercare steps. This treatment has various benefits. Some of them include,
- The reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Visible reduction in acne scars
- Softening of the stretch marks
- Helping with pigmentation and sunspots
- Smoothing out the skin texture
- Reducing the spider veins
- Bringing the glow back and giving younger-looking skin
Also, the needle facial treatment has long-lasting results. After the first session, the results will last for four to six weeks. You may need to come for a follow-up treatment after eight to twelve weeks. If you want to extend the results of the treatment, you can take the following steps in order to do so:
- Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water.
- Get a nutrient-rich diet. The best nutrients for your skin are vitamin A, D, C, E, K, and B.
These are some of the precautions included in the aftercare of needle facial treatment. They guarantee the best results and also prevents your skin from getting any side effects.
Read More Articles at The Care Up