Jeans have been a staple in men’s fashion for generations. They are versatile, durable and can be dressed up or down for any occasion. With so many styles, cuts, and brands available, choosing the perfect pair of mens jeans can be overwhelming. However, with the proper knowledge, you can find the ideal pair that fits your body, lifestyle, and personal style.
Here’s the ultimate guide discussing everything you need to know about finding the perfect pair of jeans, from understanding different fits to the best way to care for your denim. Continue reading!
Types of Jeans Fits
When it comes to men’s jeans, there are several different fits. Some of the most popular options include
- Straight Leg: This classic fit has a straight cut from the hip to the ankle and is one of the most versatile. It works well for various body types and can be dressed up or down.
- Slim Fit: Slim-fit jeans are narrower in the leg than straight-leg jeans and hug the body more closely. They’re a popular choice for a more contemporary look.
- Skinny Fit: Skinny fit jeans are the narrowest option and are designed to fit very closely to the body. They’re popular with a more fashion-forward crowd.
- Relaxed Fit: Relaxed fit jeans have a looser fit in the waist, seat, and thigh and are ideal for men who prefer a comfortable, casual look.
- Bootcut: Bootcut jeans have a slight flare from the knee to the ankle, allowing room for boots. They’re a good choice for men with larger calves.
Factors to Consider When Buying Jeans
When shopping for men’s jeans, there are several factors to remember. These include
- Fabric: Jeans can be made from various fabrics, including 100% cotton, cotton blends, and synthetic materials. Consider the type of denim you prefer and what will work best for your lifestyle.
- Fit: Choose a fit that flatters your body type and makes you feel comfortable. Consider the rise, which is the distance between the waistband and the crotch, as well as the leg opening.
- Style: Jeans come in various styles, including classic, distressed, and faded. Consider what type of look you’re going for and choose a style that suits your taste.
- Price: Jeans can range from under $20 to over $200. Consider your budget and what you’re willing to spend before making a purchase.