The fast-paced lifestyle including staring at digital screens for a longer duration of time always leaves a negative impact on your vision. You might be working out at the gym for physical strength, unfortunately, there is no exercise to keep your eyes healthy and free from any damage. Thankfully, you have yoga to maintain good physical health of your eyes.
Apart from glaucoma and cataract, countless bacterial infections cause a malfunction ins the ocular muscles of your eyes. Damage to eyes can also occur due to chronic mental or emotional stress. There are specific yoga for eye vision practices you should include in your daily routine to alleviate any vision-related problems.
With that said, let us look at how yoga can help you get the perfect vision.
Yoga For Eyes
Owing to a lifestyle consisting of too much digital time, eye strain is a common issue that every adult suffers from. A recent study has shown how practicing specific yoga techniques daily can help you get rid of blurry vision, pain and dryness due to extended use of computers.
Have you heard about eye yoga? These are specific techniques that engage your ocular muscles which support your eye movement. Let us find out in detail what yoga does for your eyes.
Eye Yoga To Develop Perfect Vision
Eye yoga techniques improve the flexibility of ocular muscles and help you focus better. You can learn these exercises by enrolling in the best yoga schools in India.
Do you want to know the best part about these yoga techniques? As these involve only your eyes, you can practice them anytime and anywhere.
Let us now find out what yoga techniques you can inculcate into your daily schedule to improve vision.
- Sit with your eyes closed. Take some deep breaths and relax.
- Bring both your palms up and form a cup shape with them.
- Rub the palms of your hands together until they generate some warmth. Place them gently over your eyelids.
- Let the warmth of your palms transfer onto your eyes and eye muscles.
- Hold this position until the heat from your hands is absorbed completely by your eyes.
- Keep your eyes closed. Lower your hands.
- Sit straight and keep your legs straight in the front.
- Close your left fist and keep it on your left knee. Keep your thumb pointing upwards.
- Fix your gaze on an imaginary point in front of you and in level with your eyes.
- Keep your head straight and fixed in this position.
- Exhale and focus your eyes on the left thumb.
- Inhale and focus your eyes at a point in front of you. Keep your gaze in level with your eyes.
- Repeat this process with your right thumb.
Nose Tip Gazing
- Sit in a cross-legged position.
- Lift your right arm straight and directly in front of your nose.
- Form a fist with your right hand. Your thumb should point in the upward direction.
- Focus with both your eyes on the thumb.
- Bend your arm and touch the tip of your nose with the thumb. Keep your focus on the tip of your thumb.
- Continue to gaze at the tip of your thumb and straighten your arm.
This is one of the best yoga for eye vision techniques you can use to improve your eye vision and get rid of numerous eye-related ailments.
- Sit in a comfortable position. Keep your eyes open.
- Blink continuously at least 10 times in quick succession.
- Close your eyes and relax.
- Repeat this process for some time.
You can also join the best yoga schools in India to learn more about this technique for improving your eye vision.
Near And Distant Viewing
- Stand or sit on the yoga mat and near an open window. Keep your arms by your side.
- For 5 to 10 seconds, focus on the tip of the nose.
- Repeat this process 10 to 20 times.
Continuous use of digital screens especially late into the night can cause some serious issues with your vision. Yoga offers you a natural way for getting rid of these issues with numerous yoga for eye vision techniques. These techniques not only give you a perfect vision they would also help you stay away from numerous vision-related problems.