Bridal jewellery is an integral part of your wedding day ensemble, and it must complement your dress, hairstyle, and overall look. A bridal set is one such piece of jewellery that can elevate your outfit and make you feel even more beautiful on your special day. Additionally, it is a significant investment that you’ll cherish for a lifetime, so choosing a set that you truly love and that reflects your style is crucial. The following part of this article will explore everything you need to know about bridal sets to help you make an informed decision. So, keep reading.
Types of Bridal Sets
Bridal sets come in various styles, so choosing one that complements your style is essential. Some of the most popular types of sets include:
- Classic: Classic bridal sets are timeless and elegant. They feature a solitaire diamond on the engagement ring and a simple, plain band on the wedding ring.
- Halo: Halo bridal sets have a larger diamond in the centre, surrounded by smaller diamonds. The smaller diamonds create a halo effect, making the centre diamond appear larger.
- Three Stone: Three-stone bridal sets have three diamonds on the engagement ring, representing your past, present, and future. The wedding band is usually a simple, plain band that complements the engagement ring.
- Vintage: Vintage bridal sets feature intricate details and designs from a bygone era. They are perfect for those who appreciate old-world charm and elegance.
- Coloured Gemstone: Colored gemstone bridal sets are an excellent choice for those who want a unique and personalised look. They come in various colours, including sapphire, emerald, and ruby.
Choosing the Right Metal for Your Bridal Set
The metal you choose for your bridal set can significantly impact its overall appearance and durability. Some of the most popular metals for bridal sets include:
- Platinum: Platinum is a durable and dense metal perfect for everyday wear. It has a beautiful white colour and is resistant to scratches and tarnishing.
- Gold: Gold is a popular choice for bridal sets because of its versatility and beauty. It comes in a range of colours, including yellow, rose, and white.
- Palladium: Palladium is a newer metal that has become increasingly popular in recent years. It has a similar look to platinum but is less expensive.
- Titanium: Titanium is a durable and lightweight metal that is perfect for those with an active lifestyle. It’s also hypoallergenic, making it an excellent choice for sensitive skin.
Customising Your Bridal Set
Customising your bridal set is a great way to make it unique and personal. Some of the ways to customise it include:
- Engraving: Engraving a special message or date on the inside of the ring is a popular way to add a personal touch.
- Choosing Unique Settings: The setting of the diamond can also be customised to make it stand out. Some popular options include bezel, prong, and pave settings.
- Matching Wedding Band: Customising the wedding band to match the engagement ring can create a unique and cohesive look. Consider incorporating a unique design or engraving that complements the engagement ring.
- Adding Diamonds or Gemstones: Adding additional diamonds or gemstones to the wedding band is another way to make your set stand out. It can be done by adding a row of diamonds or alternating diamonds and gemstones.
Bridal sets represent your love and commitment and symbolise your special day. By considering the type of set, metal, and customisation options, you can create something that reflects your style and commitment to your partner. Remember, it is not just a piece of jewellery but a symbol of your love and commitment that you will cherish for a lifetime.