A deep sleep at night sets the mood for the next day. If you wake up fresh and happy, there is a high chance you would glide through the day with ease. However, if you get out of the bed feeling all grumpy, it will set the tone for the day as boring and even bad. Therefore, you must include a little morning stretching routine to enjoy the day.
In other words, why not kickstart your day with a little bit of stretching? There are specific exercises to get your body moving and provide the brain with a dose of fresh and oxygenated blood. All it requires is waking up 10 or 15 minutes earlier than your alarm clock. In short, a small sacrifice for big benefits.
Let us check out the different morning stretches that will help you start the day on a positive note.
5 Yoga Stretches For A Great Day
As said above, all you need to do is wake up early and use that extra time to practice specific stretching techniques to give your body a fresh dose of oxygen and energy. These few minutes help you set the tone for the entire day.
With that said, let us check out the five yoga stretches for a great morning.
- While sitting in bed or standing next to bed straighten your arms in the front. Your palms should face each other.
- Inhale deeply and open your arms in the form of the letter T.
- Hold this position for one second and exhale.
- Bring your arms to the starting position.
- Stand on the bed with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place both hands on your hips.
- Inhale and lift your chest.
- Tuck in your chin and exhale while folding at the waist.
- Bend forward.
- Hold this position for some time and relax.
You can learn about more morning stretches by enrolling in yoga teacher training In India under the guidance of experts.
Knee To Chest
- Come to a standing position and shift your body weight onto the left leg.
- Inhale. Bend your right leg.
- Flex your foot and clasp both hands around the leg right under your knee.
- Squeeze your knee into the chest.
- Exhale, release your leg, and change sides.
- Sit in the bed or stand next to it.
- Extend your arms in front of you.
- Clasp your hands.
- Inhale deeply and sweep your arms overhead and next to your ears.
- Extend your arms upward. Make sure your palms also rotate upwards.
- Exhale. Lower and bring your arms to the starting position.
- Unclasp your hands.
- Reverse the clasp to ensure the top finger of one hand is now the bottom finger.
You can learn about many more yoga morning stretches in yoga teacher training in India to start the day with a fresh body and mind. Read About: Yoga For Double Chin
- Stand with your feet together.
- Inhale and bring your right arm next to your ear.
- Bend towards the left. Stretch the right side of your body.
- Exhale and change sides.
Morning is the best time to energize your body and mind for the entire day. Enroll in yoga teacher training in India to kickstart the day on a good note.
Also Read: Ida, Pingala and Sushumna Nadi